English Home > Lawyer's Page >
Last update 2011.2.23

Childsupport out of wedlock

H. Kawarazaki, esq.
I would like to get some basic information on Japanese law relating to childsupport out of wedlock.
If, for example, a couple has an unexpected pregnancy and the man does not want the child. But the woman refuses abortion or adoption.
Is the man legally obliged to make childsupport payments?

I will explain Japanese law. Yes,he is obliged to pay childsupport out of wedlock.
Since 2001/3/4